Open Monday to Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Last entry is at 2:45 p.m.
Come along on a dramatic adventure to Antarctica—one of the most isolated and dangerous environments on Earth—and witness the latest discovery: dinosaurs. Antarctic Dinosaurs will immerse visitors in the thrilling hunt for never-before-seen fossils and shed new light on our planet’s ever-changing climate.
Follow scientists as they brave extreme conditions to excavate and bring home remarkable fossils that deepen our understanding of life on Earth. Though Antarctica today can be a forbidding land of snow and ice, 200 million years ago it was part of the supercontinent Gondwana, a wooded, lush habitat where dinosaurs thrived.
Guests can immerse themselves in this lost world and come face-to-face with the scientists’ discoveries like the twenty-five-foot-long predator Cryolophosaurus, touch real fossils from Antarctica, and get a sense of what goes into living and working in the coldest spot on earth.
Antarctic Dinosaurs was developed by the Field Museum, Chicago in partnership with the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, Discovery Place – Charlotte, NC, and the Natural History Museum of Utah. Generous support was provided by the Kenneth C. Griffin Charitable Fund
This exhibit is made possible by the generous support of:
- M&T Bank
- MOOG, Inc.
- Hadley Exhibits, Inc.
- National Fuel Gas
- VSP Graphic Group
- Wittburn Enterprises, Inc.
- Adults: $24
- Children (Ages 2-17): $21
- Seniors, Students and Military: $21
- Museum Members: $6
- Antarctic Dinosaurs tickets include admission to our permanent exhibits and galleries.
Not a Buffalo Museum of Science member? Add a membership to your cart today to unlock Member-priced tickets!
Things to Know:
- Tickets have designated entry times with the last time slot and hour and fifteen minutes before close.
- Tickets are subject to availability and expected to sell out; advanced purchase is strongly encouraged to secure your preferred date and time.
- Once entered, you may stay in the exhibition for as long as you’d like, or until the Museum closes, whichever comes first.
Become a Member today!
There’s no better time to become a Buffalo Museum of Science Member.
As a member, you will receive discounted admission to Antarctic Dinosaurs for everyone covered by your membership, as well as 12 months of free general Museum admission, 10% off all Buffalo Museum of Science and Tifft Nature Preserve events, camps and programs throughout the year, and free or discounted admission to more than 350 science centers worldwide.