- This event has passed.
November 12, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Get ready to stomp and roar, because DinoFEST is BACK! Gather your budding paleontologists and geologists for a day of family fun, including:
- dig around our foam dino dig pit
- create your own fossil work of art
- engage with live raptors with Messinger Woods
- examine local fossils with Penn Dixie Fossil Park & Nature Reserve
- learn about prehistoric plants with the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens
- speak with Lockport’s dinosaur hunter from the Niagara County Historical Society
- enjoy a free family photo op with the Science Museum Camera Club
- chat with Domenic C. D’Amore, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Biology from Daemon College with scheduled presentations:
– 11:00am-11:15am: Finding Gnatalie: Excavating Dinosaur Fossils in Southeastern Utah– 11:30am-11:45am: Biting Bones: Dinosaurs, Komodo Dragons, and the Importance of Ugly Fossils– 12:00pm-12:15pm: Finding Gnatalie– 12:30pm-12:45pm: Biting Bones
- take a closer look at ancient invertebrates
- discover what makes a fossil
- determine how big the dinosaurs really were
- and more!
Plus, guests may also purchase paleo bags for $10-15 each to run through our Fossil Creek Sifting Station, shop the unique geological merchandise from Past and Present, or grab a bite to eat with Dinosaur BBQ!
Save time in line and reserve your DinoFEST tickets online in advance.
Age: All ages
Cost: $20 f0r adults | $17 for children, FREE for members
Looking for Sensory Night: DinoFEST? Sensory Night the evening before DinoFEST has sold out, but a limited number to sensory bags, including sound-dampening headphones, will be available at DinoFEST upon request.