Celebrate with Science
Now booking for September & October 2021!
In response to COVID-19, face coverings are required for ALL guests while indoors. Guests will be seated and social distanced while eating or drinking.
Give your child a birthday celebration they’ll remember for years to come, filled with science and fun! Choose from various party themes.
Year-Round Party Themes
Party participants become young paleontologists and examine the bones, horns and claws of some of their favorite dinosaurs. Party-goers will don field hats and head up to our Rethink Extinct science studio, where they’ll learn more about our Collections, and dig in their own personal dig pit!
Go beyond the bubble basics! With the help of a BMS “Bubble-ologist,” you and your guests will be creating, painting with and even standing in bubbles.
Super Scientist’s Lab
Intrigued by messy fun and crazy concoctions? Let’s throw on lab coats and goggles and experiment with static electricity, chemical reactions and more!
Science Below Zero
This is the “coolest” party ever! Experience the chilling effects of liquid nitrogen and watch as it makes mist shoot high into the air, balloons “magically” shrink, rubber balls shatter, and much more!
Creativity and scientific thinking go hand in hand as your party will learn science through art activities. We will explore the science behind iridescence, paint using force and motion, and experiment with colorful chemical reactions.
Saturday & Sunday: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., or 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
We suggest making your reservation two (2) months in advance to ensure the date you wish is available for your child’s party. A $50 deposit is required in order to book your reservation.
To book your party today, call 716.896.5200. Birthday parties are also available at Tifft Nature Preserve.
- $300 for 15 children, 10 adults. Additional children are $10 each (20 children max). *Buffalo Museum of Science members receive 10% off party package price ($270 for members).
- Additional adults are $5 each
- Parties greater than 20 children (no more than 25) will require an extra facilitator for the additional cost of $50. Maximum room capacity is 35 people.
Program Cost Includes:
- General Museum Admission for all partygoers
- Exclusive use of party room for 2 hours
- Forty-five minutes to 1-hour of facilitated activities
- Group science activity related to chosen theme
- Basic decorations available, including tablecloths
- Gift storage
- Party clean up
Request a Party Date
You can request a birthday party date at the Buffalo Museum of Science below!
PLEASE NOTE: After you submit the form, a team member will be in touch via phone to confirm the requested details and secure a deposit. The requested date and time is not confirmed until a deposit is made, and may be unavailable. Please be prepared to offer alternate dates and times.