Find why in the sky
The new Zygmunt digital planetarium allows us to view brilliant night skies from anywhere in the world, visualize legendary constellations and fly through the Solar System to bring outer space closer than ever to the City of Good Neighbors.
To make room for the arrival of our newest traveling exhibit, public planetarium shows will be temporarily unavailable. Our final date for public shows in 2019 will be Wednesday, October 30.
Bring the Zygmunt digital planetarium to you! To reserve for groups or private use, please contact our Group Sales and Reservations Coordinator at 716.896.5200 x338.
Queen City Skies
Take a live tour of the skies over Buffalo! Rain, snow or shine, this interactive program will provide a starry night with tips and tricks to find planets, stars and more in our own backyard.
Tour of the Solar System
Embark on a wild ride through the planets and moons in our celestial neighborhood. Land on the moon, marvel at the rings of Saturn and more in this family adventure perfect for aspiring astronauts!
Enjoy ancient tales of adventure, friendship, bravery, true love and magic, “starring” the constellations in Buffalo’s own night skies! All you need is a sharp eye and some imagination…the beauty of nature will do the rest.
Planetarium Operating Hours
- Public shows take place Sundays and Wednesdays and last approximately 45 minutes.
- Tickets are available for purchase day-of at the admissions desk, up to 10 minutes before the show start time.
- Each planetarium program allows a maximum capacity of 20 guests
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult during planetarium programs.
- Ages 5+ only
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early and notify staff if anyone in your party has special accessibility or mobility needs.
- Our planetarium may be uncomfortable for those with claustrophobia, high susceptibility to motion sickness, or a fear of the dark. Please use discretion when considering purchasing tickets.