Visit and Find Why
- Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Code of Conduct
- In advance of your visit, please review our Code of Conduct here.
Reinventing Reality Admission
Includes general museum admission. Time selected indicates your designated time to enter exhibit but you may arrive at the museum as early as 10 a.m. Once inside the exhibit, you may stay as long as you like. Reserve Tickets
- $26 | Adults
- $23 | Children 7-17
- $15 | Children 2-6
- $23 | Seniors 62+
- $23 | Students/Military with ID
- $6 | Museum Members ages 7+
- FREE | Museum Members under 7
Walk-up only; not available for online reservations
- $18 | Adults
- $15 | Children 2-17
- $15 | Seniors 62+
- $15 | Students/Military with ID
- FREE | Museum Members
- FREE | Children under 2
Museums on Us
- Museums on Us is available to Bank of America, Merrill or Bank of America Private Bank (U.S. Trust) credit or debit cardholders during the first full weekend of every month. One free general admission is limited to the individual cardholder. Not to be combined with other offers. Excludes special exhibitions not included with general admission. Click here for more details.
- The Buffalo Museum of Science is a proud partner of KultureCity—the nation’s leading nonprofit on sensory accessibility and acceptance for those with invisible disabilities. Collectively, we have put together a social story to help families prepare for a visit to the Museum. Guests can sign out a sensory bag at admissions during their visit free in exchange for a license held at admissions while you explore. Bags must be returned to admissions at the end of each visit. Bags include: noise-reducing headphones, weighted lap pad, fidgets, and verbal cue cards.
Arts Access Program
At the Buffalo Museum of Science, Arts Access Pass holders receive free general admission once a month for up to 4 individuals. To reserve tickets, Arts Access pass holders should call the Museum 48 hour prior to their visit at 716-896-5200 to reserve tickets. Learn more about Arts Access here.
Blue Star Museums Program
- Our 2022 program has ended, check back for 2023 details.
- The Buffalo Museum of Science is proud to be part of Blue Star Museums, a national appreciation program to thank our military families for their service and share with them America’s cultural treasures.
- The 2022 program is available May 21-September 5.
- Free general Museum admission is available for those currently serving in the United States Military—Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, and Space Force, members of the Reserves, National Guard, U.S. Public Health Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps, and up to five family members.
- The BMS is happy to offer Blue Star Families the opportunity to apply their general admission discount to tickets for Reinventing Reality (a savings of $13-16 per ticket) when purchased on site at the Museum.
- To receive this special offer, qualified members must show a Geneva Convention common access card (CAC), DD Form 1173 ID card (dependent ID), DD Form 1173-1 ID card or the Next Generation Uniformed Services (Real) ID card at the admissions desk.
- A map of all participating Blue Star Museums can be found here.
Kellogg Observatory Viewing Hours
- Viewings not available at this time.
2023 Holiday Closings
The Museum will be closed on the following days:
- April 9
- May 29
- July 4
- November 23
- December 24
- December 25
- AAA Members
- Buffalo & Erie County Public Library Cardholders
- NFTA pass cardholders
*Cannot be combined with other offers. Exclusions may apply due to contractual agreements with certain exhibits.
1020 Humboldt Parkway
Buffalo, New York 14211
Phone: (716) 896-5200
Toll Free: (866) 291-6660
Fax: (716) 897-6723
Free parking is available in the Museum parking lot.