Let us Bring the Museum to You!
Can’t make it to the Museum? We can visit you!
Our experienced facilitators will bring a unique educational experience right to your school, library or community center through hands-on Classroom Programs, large-scale Assembly Programs, or exciting Science Fun Festivals.
We can also customize our outreach programs. If you don’t see the topics you are looking for, please contact us at 716.896.5200 x338 or at [email protected] to discuss your needs.
Classroom Outreach Program Info
- Pre-K Programs: Limit 20 students. 30 – 45 minutes.
- All Other Programs: Limit 30 students. 45-60 minute programs.
- Daytime Fees: $150 for first classroom. $130 per additional program on the same topic and day.
- Evening Fees: $180 for first classroom. $160 per additional program on the same topic and day.
Assembly Outreach Program Info
- Limit 300 people. 45-60 minute programs.
- Daytime Fees: $375 for first assembly. $300 per additional assembly on the same topic and day.
- Evening Fees: $180 for first classroom. $450 for first assembly. $300 per additional assembly on the same topic and day.
Classroom & Assembly Outreach Program Themes
What can fossils tell us about dinosaurs? What did they eat? How big were they? Become a paleontologist and examine the fossils of creatures that lived long ago.
Get up close to some incredible insects! Examine live insects and other critters, observing their anatomy and behavior.
Explore the science of soap. Students will witness exciting experiments that set the stage for bubble science. Can also be an assembly program.
Explore electricity in a safe and hands-on way! Investigate insulators and conductors, build a circuit with your body, and feel the power of our Van de Graaff static electricity generator.
Inspire the inner scientist in your students! Experiment with slimy science, chemical reactions, and more in this hands-on program. An available sink is required for this program. Material fee required.
Chill out during this super cool liquid nitrogen demonstration! Explore the phases of matter, as well as kinetic energy in amazing ways. Can be adapted for a classroom program. Can also be an assembly program; materials fee required.
Zygmunt Digital Planetarium
Show the students the night sky by stepping into our new digital planetarium.
- Limit 15 students and 2 teachers/chaperones per session. 20-30 minute sessions.
- Large space (25’x25’) and high ceilings (12ft) needed, such as a gym or cafeteria. Requires 45 minutes before and after the program for set up and take down.
- Due to the weight of the planetarium’s components, set-up locations must be fully accessible by wheeled carts.
- Daytime Fees: $400 for a two hour program.
- Evening Fees: $500 for a two hour program.
Science Fun Festivals
Science, exploration and discovery come to your school for a day or evening event. Choose four engaging stations from themes like Electricity, Animal Adaptations, Crime Investigation, Renewable Energy and more!
- Limit 200 people, 2 hours maximum. Includes four facilitated stations.
- Daytime Fees: $800 for a two hour program.
- Evening Fees: $1000 for a two hour program.