Let us Bring the Museum to You!
Our experienced facilitators will bring a unique educational experience right to your school, library or community center through hands-on Classroom Programs, large-scale Assembly Programs, or exciting Science Fun Festivals.
NEW for this year includes our special solar eclipse programming: Zygmunt Digital Planetarium and Solar Eclipse: Science and Safety. More details below.
We can also customize our outreach programs. If you don’t see the topics you are looking for, please contact us at 716.896.5200 x338 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
Classroom Outreach Program Info
- Pre-K Programs: Limit 20 students. 30 – 45 minutes.
- All Other Programs: Limit 30 students. 45-60 minute programs.
- $160 per program. An additional materials fee may apply to some programs. See student limits above.
Classroom Outreach Program Themes
Explore the science of soap. Students will witness exciting experiments that set the stage for bubble science. Can also be an assembly program.
What can fossils tell us about dinosaurs? What did they eat? How big were they? Become a paleontologist and examine the fossils of creatures that lived long ago.
Get up close to some incredible insects! Examine live insects and other critters, observing their anatomy and behavior.
Explore electricity in a safe and hands-on way! Investigate insulators and conductors, build a circuit with your body, and feel the power of our Van de Graaff static electricity generator.
Inspire the inner scientist in your students! Experiment with slimy science, chemical reactions, and more in this hands-on program. An available sink is required for this program. Material fee required.
Chill out during this super cool liquid nitrogen demonstration! Explore the phases of matter, as well as kinetic energy in amazing ways. Can be adapted for a classroom program. Can also be an assembly program; materials fee required.
Assembly Outreach Program Info
- Limit 300 people. 45-60 minute programs.
- $375 per program. See student limits above.
Assembly Outreach Program Themes
Students will embark on a journey to explore the fascinating world of the phases of matter, with a special focus on bubbles and ice-cold science. They will be blown away with the creation of captivating spheres using soap and other freezing phenomena.
Explore patterns and the motion of objects in our solar system to understand what causes lunar and solar eclipses. Learn what causes an eclipse, why solar eclipses are so rare and how to safely view this special event in this 30-minute experience.
Note: This program will take place in two (2) 30-minute programs, limit of 150 per program. Price as listed above.
Students gain insight into the laws and properties of matter and energy. Using large scale demonstrations, students develop a better understanding of the world around them.
Chill out during this super cool liquid nitrogen demonstration! Explore the phases of matter, as well as kinetic energy in amazing ways.
Zygmunt Digital Planetarium
Show the students the night sky by stepping into our new digital planetarium.
- 20-30 minute sessions. Limit 20 students and two teachers/chaperones per session.
- Large space (25’x25’) and high ceilings (12’) needed, such as a gym or cafeteria. Requires 45 minutes before and after the program for set
up and take down.
- Due to the weight of the planetarium’s components, set-up locations must be fully accessible by wheeled carts. Please call 716.896.5200 x321 for more details.
- $225 per hour, minimum 2 hours
Science Fun Festivals
Science, exploration and discovery come to your school for a day or evening event. Choose four engaging stations. Call 716.896.5200 x321 for more details
- Limit 200 people, 2 hours maximum. Includes four facilitated stations. Additional materials fee may apply.
- $900 per hour