- This event has passed.
Science After Hours: Frankenscience (Ages 21+)
October 19, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Discover the spookiest parts of science. Celebrate the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein by discovering the power of electricity, reanimated bodies and secrets to overcoming death. Plus, with live dissections, organ and blood stations, and a look at the most spine-tingling items from the Museum’s Collection, you’ll be sure to get in the Halloween spirit.
- Organ, tissue and blood station, courtesy of UNYTS.
- Buffalo & Erie County Public Library – Central Library will dive into Frankenstein’s history in literature, pop culture and influences in real world science
- Live cow eye dissections conducted by Museum staff
- Highlights from the “Cabinet of Curiosities” behind-the-scenes tour, including some of nature’s most unique freaks
- Electrical demonstrations, including Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulations
- Examine samples of corneas and sclera, then test your anatomy knowledge by correctly placing major organs in a model.
Who knew science could be so…scary?
Beer and wine available for purchase.
Ages: 21+, ID required at the door
Cost: $16 per person