Now open through June 18, 2023
Tickets include general museum admission. Entry to the exhibit is timed; once inside the exhibit you may stay as long as you like, or until the museum closes!
Reinventing Reality explores the science, creativity, and innovation behind one of the fastest evolving technologies, virtual reality, and how it’s transforming the way we see and interact with the world.
The exhibition combines STEM concepts with playful interactives to reveal how individual elements of VR work. Visitors see their 3-D bodies mapped out as a colorful cloud of dots, feel the peculiar sensation of being in a virtual body and step into spectacular virtual worlds. Looking into a giant stereoscope viewer, interacting with the latest eye-tracking technology and visiting immersive virtual worlds, visitors discover how VR uses—and sometimes fools—our senses to make the virtual world seem real.
Reinventing Reality also introduces visitors to the social impacts of VR. From treating patients to training astronauts and designing cars and new products, the creation of simulated experiences in VR impacts almost every industry.
Exhibit is presented in English and Spanish
Educator’s Guide: Download the pdf
Reinventing Reality is a touring exhibit from Virtual Science Center
Things to Know:
- Before your visit, click here to review this important Safety Information (English & Spanish)
- Tickets have designated entry times with the last time slot and hour and fifteen minutes before close. Once inside you may stay in the exhibition for as long as you’d like, or until the Museum closes, whichever comes first.
- Tickets are subject to availability and expected to sell out during weekends and school breaks; advanced purchase is strongly encouraged to secure your preferred date and time.
- School groups generally visit between the hours of 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on weekdays and may lead to a busier exhibit space for other guests.
This exhibit is made possible by the generous support of:
- M&T Bank
- Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC
Tickets include general admission to the rest of the Museum’s galleries and science studios.
- Adults: $26
- Seniors, Students and Military: $23
- Children (Ages 7-17): $23
- Children (ages 2-6): $15 (included with general admission)
- Museum Members ages 7 and up: $6
- Museum Members under 7: Free
Not a Buffalo Museum of Science member? Add a membership to your cart today to unlock Member-priced tickets!
Click here for questions on purchasing Member-priced tickets.
Become a Member today!
There’s no better time to become a Buffalo Museum of Science Member.
As a member, you will receive discounted admission to Reinventing Reality for everyone covered by your membership, as well as 12 months of free general Museum admission, 10% off all Buffalo Museum of Science and Tifft Nature Preserve events, camps and programs throughout the year, and free or discounted admission to more than 350 science centers worldwide through the ASTC Passport Program.