Visit and Find Why
- Monday to Sunday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
with extended hours on Wednesdays until 9 p.m. through May
Code of Conduct
- In advance of your visit, please review our Code of Conduct here.
- $19 | Adults
- $16 | Children 2-17
- $16 | Seniors 62+
- $16 | Students/Military with ID
- FREE | Museum Members
- FREE | Children under 2
KultureCity Sensory Inclusive Certification
- The Buffalo Museum of Science is a proud partner of KultureCity—the nation’s leading nonprofit on sensory accessibility and acceptance for those with invisible disabilities. Collectively, we have put together a social story to help families prepare for a visit to the Museum. Guests can sign out a sensory bag at admissions during their visit free in exchange for a license held at admissions while you explore. Bags must be returned to admissions at the end of each visit. Bags include: noise-reducing headphones, weighted lap pad, fidgets, and verbal cue cards. Click here to view our Social Story.
Museums on Us
- Museums on Us is available to Bank of America, Merrill or Bank of America Private Bank (U.S. Trust) credit or debit cardholders during the first full weekend of every month. One free general admission is limited to the individual cardholder. Not to be combined with other offers. Please call 716 896 5200 for eligibility with special exhibits or events requiring an additional fee. Click here for more details.
Arts Access Program
At the Buffalo Museum of Science, Arts Access Pass holders receive free general admission once a month for up to 4 individuals. Please call 716 896 5200 for eligibility with special exhibits or events requiring an additional fee. To reserve tickets, Arts Access pass holders should call the Museum 48 hour prior to their visit at 716-896-5200 to reserve tickets. Learn more about Arts Access here.
Museums 4 All
- The Museum offers free general admission to individuals and families presenting a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, and a valid form of photo ID. Museums for All admission rates are offered for up to four individuals per EBT card. This free rate is available during normal operating hours for general admission. Please call 716 896 5200 for eligibility with special exhibits or events requiring an additional fee. Learn more about the program.
Blue Star Museums Program
- The 2023 Blue Star Museum program runs May 20 – September 4, 2023
- The Buffalo Museum of Science is proud to be part of Blue Star Museums, a national appreciation program to thank our military families for their service and share with them America’s cultural treasures.
- Free general Museum admission is available for those currently serving in the United States Military—Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, and Space Force, members of the Reserves, National Guard, U.S. Public Health Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps, and up to five family members.
- To receive this special offer, qualified members must show a Geneva Convention common access card (CAC), DD Form 1173 ID card (dependent ID), DD Form 1173-1 ID card or the Next Generation Uniformed Services (Real) ID card at the admissions desk.
- A map of all participating Blue Star Museums can be found here.
Kellogg Observatory Viewing Hours
- Viewings not available at this time.
2023 Holiday Closings
The Museum will be closed on the following days:
- April 9
- May 29
- July 4
- November 13
- November 23
- December 24
- December 25
- AAA Members
- Buffalo & Erie County Public Library Cardholders
- NFTA pass cardholders
*Cannot be combined with other offers. Exclusions may apply due to contractual agreements with certain exhibits.
1020 Humboldt Parkway
Buffalo, New York 14211
Phone: (716) 896-5200
Toll Free: (866) 291-6660
Fax: (716) 897-6723
Free parking is available in the Museum parking lot.